Cambridge invites applications for the position of
An Equal Opportunity Employer
OPENING DATE: 4/10/2023
CLOSING DATE: Continuous until filled
STARTING SALARY: $12-15 /hour, depending on experience
This is a seasonal, part-time position to assist with the voting process during the absentee voting periods for election (approximately Now – Aug 3 and Jan 2 – Mar 8) The hours will fluctuate on an as-needed basis, generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Additional hours may be required into the evening on Special, Primary, or General Election Days and on the Saturday and/or Sunday before each election. Partial benefits include workers’ compensation insurance and employer’s share of payments to Social Security and Medicare.
Provide administrative support to assist voters with the absentee voting process and general election questions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assist with the absentee voting process which may include, but not limited to:
- Assist voters in-person, by phone, and by mail.
- Assist processing of absentee ballots and serve as a member of the Absentee Ballot Board.
- Answer election inquiries from the public about voting locations, voter registration, absentee voting and information about elected officials and candidates.
- May assist with election equipment testing.
- May assist with preparation of election supplies.
- Data entry, scanning and copying as needed.
- Assist the Deputy Clerk and Clerk in other election-related functions as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience performing office, secretarial, or clerical work using a computer
- Experience in providing customer service or related position
- Exceptional attention to detail
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment that includes exposure to computer
screens. Primary functions require:
- Sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting.
- Answer phones/use computer equipment on a continuous basis.
- On a frequent basis must be able to stand, walk, sit, talk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist.
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate amounts of weight (25-30 lbs).
- Operate office and election equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
- Ability to lift and move election equipment, supplies, and boxes (approximately 35 pounds) frequently during election season.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evening hours on election days (special, primary and general election) and the weekend before an election.
- Previous experience in a paid or volunteer capacity in elections.
- Experience working in a local government office.
- Training and Experience Rating
- Oral Interview
- Final candidates must successfully pass background investigation
This position is based at the Cambridge Township office at the corner of Onsted Hwy and M-50. Business office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Submit resume to Cambridge Township Clerk, Annette Roesch at 9990 W. M-50, Onsted or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Elections Clerk."
VIEW POSTING HERE.
VIEW POSTING HERE.